There is an ongoing battle between Google and Facebook on who will win our search preferences. It an attempt to grow its search engine impact Facebook won't give Google access to its social graph data. In response, Google joined forces with every other social network to make Google search more social by incorporating our social preferences to the search results.
Yesterday Google launched an upgrade to its search engine. Now Google users, logged in with their Google account, will receive traditional search results combined with their friends' search history.
The news revolutionize the way web pages and information will be ranked in the future. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) based on keywords will soon be dead as each one of us will see a different page of results, more personal, based on our search history and connections across the different social media.
Watch the Google video to see how our new searches will look like and understand all the details.
What can you do to take advantage of the new situation in the biggest search engine of the world?
- Create often fresh, compelling content in your web pages and blogs. More pages means more indexing and more search results for your web site or blog.
- After you create your new blog pages submit them to the different social platforms.
- Even better, add share buttons to your blog entries to make it easy for others to share your content in social platforms.
- Create a strategy on how to expand your social presence as the number of connections you have will affect the way you are ranked.
- Share the Google video with other people in your business and embrace the change.